Thursday, November 16, 2000

A Scale, a Mirror and Those Indifferent Clocks

I'm on the Eastern Seaboard now. Took a week, but I'm here, in the very same city Arienette resides in.

It's so strange, I've found myself in the same city that I stayed in so long ago, when I met a special friend of mine; her name was Haligh (pronounced Hai-lie). We spent most of our adolescence as friends. I haven't talked to her since The Lonely Hearts started to move me around at a faster pace, unfortunately.

Maybe I'll see her around, right?

I'm in a hotel room again, and like what had happened a year or so ago, the "fireworks" are back. Or rather, an advanced version of them. Instead of a flash of sparks, they're an explosions of all the colors in the rainbow. They paint over the hotel room, washing away at everything and swallowing the darkness that hungers for my key. Perhaps this is a defense mechanism?

The colors were being balanced upon a scale at one point. The scale was weighing my darkness and my soul, and the darkness was definitely heavier. The scale faded away, only to be replaced by the hotel bathroom mirror. In it, I saw a smeared version of someone watching me. This person had green eyes, just like someone I was missing at that very moment.

The gray blob appeared during the hallucinations too. They passed along this message:

"And language just happened, it was never planned."
The delivery of the line sounded like it was from some song. I was in the room of my old house when I saw them. I screamed at the Monster, which broke the vision, and dumped me back in my hotel room.

And then the clocks began. What I like to call the Deathwatches.

I can hear them sometimes, when all is completely quiet in the world.

They're getting louder. And closer.

I need to hurry up and save her...but I'm worried. What if she...what if she left?

Was she really taken? Why'd she leave that note?

No comments:

Post a Comment