Thursday, January 4, 2001

Arienette

She's back, she's back, goddammit, she's coming back.

Arienette's found herself back into my dreams. I was doing so good! Haligh and I are almost there, almost to the compound back West where the group I intend to join are located. We stopped in one of the houses I grew up in during my childhood, the one I spent many times in with Haligh.

Arienette's back, and the strings are accompanying her fully this time.

I awoke to find myself in a canyon, just like the canyon I was trapped in a year and a half ago. Only this time, there was no snow. It was deathly cold there, and yet inside me, The Fevers kept me warm...too warm.

I heard the Monsters gather around to watch me. They were Wolves. Now that I was fully alone, with Haligh far away in reality, they were ready to swoop down and consume me.

The darkness grew and the deathwatches began to tick.

 Arienette appears at this moment. She offers her hand, and says that I'd be safe in her entangled embrace.

I try getting up and running away, to get away from her, but a light shines off the rough exterior of her locket, and catches my eye. I see Arienette, with her tears falling down upon the strings grabbing onto her.

"Please don't leave...I realize that I need you, and I wondered if I could come home."
she says.
At this moment, Haligh shakes me away from my Fever dream. She's sitting above me, and tells me that I'm deathly pale; the Sun spies us from behind her head, from behind the car window, from behind reality.

Don't leave me here, so that the mirrors are always watching me.

Don't leave me in this cold house, with all these painful old memories.

Stay with me Arienette, until the wolves are away.

No comments:

Post a Comment