Wednesday, January 17, 2001

Haligh, Haligh, a Lie, Haligh

The phone rings, and I end up receiving news from my very self.

Haligh's dead, in more ways than one.

This morning, she was attacked by some other woman in an alleyway. No one told me this, I just know. She was stabbed, and then someone pushed their hands into her chest...and took out her Key.

She was destroyed instantly from the separation. Her existence failed.

I found myself at a funeral later. I had a black ribbon on my arm and everything. There were other people at the funeral, and they kept giving me weird looks. What was wrong with me? Why were they looking at me like this?

Why wasn't I crying?

But I think I understood, deep down. I had known the answer all along, after seeing her in the mirror instead of me.

Haligh,
Haligh,
a lie.
Haligh.

She had never existed. I had wished she existed. She was never there. And I was never fully here either.

It was my Key granting that wish, that wish to keep the Darkness out, to keep the Monsters away.

But they couldn't have me escaping. No, of course not. So they smashed the Mirror representing Haligh.

Haligh was behind Arienette having a new life...Haligh had seen Arienette as a threat, and needed her out of the way, so she sent her out of my life, with some guy.
I had sent Arienette away accidentally by creating this Mirror.

Reality bends to make room for The Key every day.

The funeral is some stranger's. I leave silently, but inside, I'm screaming out in torment.
"Our love would never die...."
Well, hahaha.

The childhood memories are fake. The morning spent with you, walking down South Street to school alongside you...that never happened. 
You said you hate my suffering
And you understood
And you'd take care of me
You'd always be there
Well where are you now?


Arienette is the Fever, Haligh is the Mirror.

I look into the mirror, and Padriac lurks there. He grins, and says,
Choices were given
Now you must live them
Or just not live; ...but do you want that? 
 Now the Darkness is free to take me...unless I can tip the Scales and realize that I need to fix myself.

But to do that, I need to be able to talk to myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment