Saturday, March 3, 2001

Mirrors and Fevers

I'm in between everything, back to that Darkness that I despise so much. I'm all alone, truly. No one is coming for me. No Haligh, no Arienette, no one.

I can see into the past; I see Arienette letting the strings find and swallow her on that fateful June day, right before I get off the truck and meet her for the first time.

I can see into the future, and I can see myself playing on some guitar, by myself. I never thought I'd play the guitar again.

I realize the last time that I was here, that I saw the mirror, I had seen myself.

Could I find it this time?

I swim throughout the darkness, looking for any clue to the mirror's whereabouts.

People are singing around me, from all around me.
They want me to find myself again, so I can see them all again.
Can I fix the puzzle that is my head now?

Can I put the Mirror back together?

I was cold, in a dream
Somewhere close to the surface
Between the ice and the stream
There is three inches of air
So I swam towards the light
I let my breath get there first
When I opened my eyes
I saw myself in the mirror
And I knew I would do like my father has done
Yes, we will never break from these chains
Your life is going to course like a history book
Don't be frightened of turning the page
Because it is all the same
It will always be the same

No comments:

Post a Comment