Friday, March 2, 2001

Sunrise, Sunset

Sunrise, sunset, sunrise, sunset, swiftly go the days

The days are bleeding into each other. I don't know what's real anymore, whatsoever. The mirror is broken, so I can't see if I'm myself anymore. I'm trapped in this place, I'm trapped again. I'm entangled in strings again.

Sunrise, sunset, you wake up then you undress, it always is the same

The days are so quick too. I'm trying to make do with what I can in this City. I can't ever seem to recall what I actually spend my day doing anyways. I do know that I wake up and go to bed bleeding. my clothes are ripped sometimes too. 

The sunrise and the sunsets, you're lying while you confess, keep trying to explain

I have to see her everyday. She always accuses me of wanting to leave this place, and I always lie and say that I don't want to leave, that I love it here, and I try telling her why I don't want to leave.

The sunrise and the sunsets, you realize then you forget what you've been trying to retain

 I always, for a second, remember exactly what I had been trying to accomplish by finding Arienette, but then I always forget, without fail. My memories are so faint, and I'm stuck in this place. Why are we here? Why can't I leave, Arienette?

But everybody knows it's all about the things that get stuck inside of your head

I want to get out of this place, I want to get away from this place, please let me leave, the darkness is enshrouding me, and only things that's left to light up my surroundings is this stupid mechanism hidden inside of me. Something vague I don't even want. If I could, I'd rip it out myself, goddammit.

Like the songs your roommate sings, a vision of her body as she stretches out on your bed

I don't think of Arienette as my one true love like I did when I found myself in this city. She just doesn't act like the person I fell in love with, honestly. She acts so indifferent, as if she doesn't even have a personality anymore. 

And she raised her hands in the air,
asked you when was the last time you looked in the mirror

I feel as if the scales are permanently tipped now. The Fevers are swelling to an uneven proportion. The Mirrors are surrounding me again, and The Deathwatches are ticking.

Because you've changed
Yeah, you've changed

She tells me that I've changed all the time, as if I'm the one making these decisions. As if I'm letting myself fall into this square hole, into the darkness. She laughs at me when I tell her that she's changing, and says that she's never changed, that I just never looked close enough at her.

The sunrise, the sunsets, you're hopeful and then you regret, the circle never breaks

On the final day of me being there, I decided that I needed to finally do something about my situation. So instead of just following Arienette back into the city after waking up, I took a dark path out on a trail back in Nebraska, the state I was born in. The sun shines as Spring finds itself back into existence, giving life to the plants and animals downstream. I felt more optimistic at one point on the trail, but then I felt the regret of defying and leaving Arienette yet again.

With a sunrise and a sunset,
there's a change of heart or address, 
is there nothing that remains?

 I kept wondering if there was anything inside of me that hadn't been tampered with, anything that Arienette couldn't seduce. I didn't realize it then, but the Key still laid inside of me/

For a sunrise or a sunset, you're manic or you're depressed, will you ever feel okay?

I hear someone whispering, someone talking to me, someone mentioning the sunrise and sunsets. The voice, at first, wasn't any louder than the Deathwatches, but the farther down the path I got, the louder the voice became....the voice was mocking my inability to ever be completely happy with my surroundings...

And then the path ended, and I was back in the ballroom from so long ago,  and yet at the same time, I was in that red field. There, dancing along on a string, was Arienette. I saw the string lead to the Monster, the bitch, the one behind all my suffering recently; The Wooden Girl. The one who had, long ago, let Arienette and I run, but now...
Arienette turns around, and the strings in her cheeks forces her to smile.

"Arienette left you a long time ago," the body says. "You're all alone now." 

She never loved me.

For a sunrise or a sunset, your lover is an actress, did you really think she'd stay?

  I collapsed to the floor. What would I do now? Arienette was gone, Haligh never existed, The Monsters were stronger than ever...what would...

 For a sunrise or a sunset, 
you're either coming or you just left, 
but you're always on the way

 The strings started to slide along the ground like snakes toward me. She was done playing games, this time she was taking my Key, all of it, and Haligh wouldn't be able to stop her.

 Towards a sunrise or a sunset, 
a scribble or a sonnet, 
they are really just the same

Arienette's corpse, or copy, or whatever that thing was, dances around with the strings, and walks over to the side of the Wooden Girl.  

To the sunrise or a sunset, 
the master and his servant have exactly the same fate

The strings wrap around me, and pull me towards my impending Death. Padriac screams inside of me, and The Key starts glowing, active with the thought that it would cease to exist in mere seconds. 

 It's a sunrise and a sunset, 
from a cradle to a casket,
there is no way to escape!!

The Wooden Girl continues to scream with glee until we both notice a shadow fall over me, and for a second, I think that it's just my Darkness taking shape, but it grows taller, until I see a familiar face, or a familiar...lack of one.

Inside of its paleness, I see a Calendar hanging Itself; Time stops.

The Slender man was here. 

"The sunrise and a sunset, hold your sadness like a puppet, keep putting on the play", 
The Wooden Girl says as she launches her strings at the Tall Man.

The Slender Man deflects them with his tentacles. He then slashes away at the strings holding me. He grabs onto my arm and throws me almost twenty feet away from the battle scene. I hit the ballroom's wall, and I fall to the ground in dizzying pain. 

The two Monsters proceed to stare at each other for the longest time. 
Finally, at one point, Arienette starts to sing something.

But everything you do is leading to the point where you just won't know what to do
At that moment you may laugh but there is someone there who will be laughing louder than you
So it's true, the trick is complete, you become everything you said you never would be
You're a fool; you're a fool!

I realize that she is saying this to me also, not just Slender Man.

Arienette runs at Slender, and Slender hugs her. They erupt into a pillar of darkness.

It appeared, for a second, that Slender Man had left me alone with The Wooden Girl. He hadn't. The Wooden Girl starts to chuckle, and she said that my "guardian angel" had forgotten about me, but at that moment Slender appeared behind me, and pulled me back into the darkness I had experienced back in November. 
Sunrise, sunset, sunrise, sunset, sunrise and the sunsets
Sunrise, sunset, sunrise, the sunsets, the sunrise, the sunsets
Sunrise, sunset, go home to your apartment, put the cassette in the tape deck
and let that fever play

Sunrise, sunset, where are you Arienette?

No comments:

Post a Comment